Thank you for choosing the remote resort, we look forward to welcoming you!
Please peruse our tips to best plan for your stay:
We value knowing a little more about you to best plan for your stay. If you have any special dietary preferences or other items you’d like us to note please do not hesitate to email us with those (firstname.lastname@example.org) or complete our pre-stay survey (whichever is easier for you) and we will plan accordingly.
The only experience that needs to be booked in advance is diving so if you plan to dive please let us know your preferred day(s), as well as your height, weight, shoe size, and experience (number of dives and recency).
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT AND RESORT TRANSFERS
- Flights: Fiji's international airport is in Nadi. From Nadi, you'll need to book a domestic flight to Taveuni (closest airport) or Savusavu with either Fiji Airways (www.fijiairways.com), Island Hoppers (email: email@example.com), or Northern Air Fiji (https://www.northernair.com.fj). This flight is 1 hour. There is also Fiji Airways service to Labasa (30 mins).
- Check-in time is from 2pm and Check-out time is 10am.
- For your arrival: The resort is accessible only by boat. Please contact the resort in advance with your flight details to book your car and boat transfers to/from Taveuni, Savusavu or Labasa:
Taveuni airport is 20 mins by car and 30 mins by boat to the resort USD$95 / AUD$125 each way per villa.
Savusavu airport is 1 hour by car on a partly unsealed road and 15 mins by boat to the resort USD$95 / AUD$125 each way per villa.
Labasa airport is 3 hours by car on a partly unsealed road and 15 mins by boat to the resort USD$195 / AUD$254 each way per villa.
What to bring
- We recommend bringing ‘wet’ shoes (suitable for wearing in the water) as well as old hiking shoes/sneakers (some of the hiking can be quite muddy).
- We also recommend bringing insect repellant and sunscreen, as well as all of the usual holiday items (hat, camera, etc).
- There is no need to bring a hairdryer (one in each villa) or a travel adaptor to convert from USA to AUS/NZ plug (one in each villa) unless you have a lot of devices that might mean you’d like extra (usually easy to pick these up at the airport or pharmacy).
- We have a selection of complimentary snorkel gear available at the resort but if you have your own favorites then absolutely bring those.
- Complimentary wifi is available in the Main Pavilion. We rent pre-loaded pocket wifi devices if you would like wifi in your villa.
- We have good cell phone coverage at the resort and there is a mobile phone in your villa for you to contact any members of the resort team at any time.
- We do recommend bringing a small amount of FJD cash with you (most people withdrawal approximately FJD400 - FJD500 at the ATM’s at the airport. There are no ATM’s at the resort). This is usually plenty to buy things like bottled water en-route and perhaps a souvenir or two. Anything additional at the resort can be added to your folio and settled with credit card (or cash or a combination of the two) at the end of your stay.
- Please remember that unless your international flight was booked all the way through to Taveuni or Savusavu that your luggage allowance on the domestic flight will be 15kg per person. The charge for excess baggage is usually around FJD$6-$8 per kilo. We recommend packing your essentials and a change of clothes as well as your swimmers in your carry-on luggage just in case your luggage should be delayed (very rare) so that you can carry on enjoying your holiday.
- Lastly, we very strongly recommend travel insurance for your travel to the Fiji Islands. While we have access to local hospitals for non-emergency needs, for any emergency situations all of the Fiji Islands utilize the services of the DAN (Diver Assisted Network) helicopters.
- You might like to visit the Remote blog for additional tips and tricks :)
Absolutely anything else? Just email us...
VINAKA! (thank you).