The Remote Resort, Fiji Islands
via Taveuni or Savusavu
The Remote Resort is on a 64-acre private peninsula on northern Vanua Levu (Fiji’s second largest island) accessible from either of the airports nearby, Taveuni or Savusavu. Click here to see The Remote Resort on Google Maps.
How to get Remote
1. Take an international flight to Nadi, Fiji
Airlines with direct flights to Nadi, Fiji (NAN)
- Fiji Airways/Qantas (Oneworld) – direct flights from Hong Kong, Los Angeles (USA), Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne (Australia) - a four hour flight.
- Virgin Australia – daily flights from Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne (Australia) - a four hour flight.
- Jetstar - three flights a week from the Gold Coast (Australia) - a four hour flight.
- Air New Zealand (Star Alliance) – daily flights from Auckland (New Zealand) – a three hour flight.
- Korean Air (Skyteam) –Seoul to Nadi on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays departing Incheon, Seoul (ICN) at 7.25pm, landing in Nadi at 8.35am (the flight arrives 1 day after departure).
- Aircalin– offers flights between Nadi and Noumea (New Caledonia) as well as between Nadi/Honolulu (Hawaii)
- Air Niugini– offers flights between Nadi and Port Moresby (Papua New Guinea)
LUGGAGE TIP: If you're flying on Fiji Airways, you can book your flight all the way through to Taveuni or Savusavu, giving you your international luggage allowance all the way. If not, the domestic luggage allowance will apply (15 kg/33 pounds). Any excess beyond that is charged at approximately FJD$6-8 per kilo.
2. Take a domestic flight from Nadi to Taveuni (TVU) OR SAVUSAVU (SVU)
Once you land in Nadi, transfer to your domestic flight to Taveuni (closest airport to The Remote Resort) or Savusavu. The following airlines offer flights between Nadi and Taveuni or Savusavu. Both Taveuni and Savusavu are just over an hour flight from Nadi and are serviced by 14-16 seater airplanes.
Fiji Airways – www.fijiairways.com
Northern Air - www.northernair.com.fj
Island Hoppers – http://www.helicopters.com.fj/planeTransfers.html
If you cannot find a flight to Taveuni or Savusavu for your preferred dates you may like to fly in/out of Labasa. Labasa is a 3 hour drive plus 15 minute boat ride from the resort and transfer are $195 each way.
Helicopter/Seaplane: Any helicopter or seaplanes from Nadi to the northern region of Fiji are considered Charter flights and range between AUD$4000 one-way for a seaplane from Nadi to the resort or AUD$6000 one-way for a helicopter from Nadi to the resort
Please fee free to contact us firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance with your travel planning, we are always happy to help.
3. RESORT TRANSFERS
- The resort is accessible only by boat. Please contact the resort in advance with your flight details and we'll confirm the timing of your transfers to the resort. Travel time to the resort is as follows:
Taveuni airport is 20 mins by car and 30 mins by boat to the resort.
Savusavu airport is 1 hour by car on a partly unsealed road and 15 mins by boat to the resort.
Car and boat transfers from Taveuni or Savusavu to the resort are USD$95 each way per villa. These transfers will be added to your online reservation on the second page of your booking
Labasa airport is 3 hours by car on a partly unsealed road and 15 mins by boat to the resort. Transfers from Labasa airport are an additional USD$195 each way per villa.